PPT is OPEN as an ‘Essential Business’ & part of the ‘Critical Infrastructure Industry
It has been an unprecedented few weeks as we all face historic challenges with the growing COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Amid the anxiety and uncertainty, it’s never been more critical to stay connected with each other. PPT remains focused and dedicated to keeping you informed about the status of our operations and the extensive efforts we are taking to keep our associates safe while maintaining our critical role in supporting our customers and the community.
While many states and local communities have issued “Stay at Home” orders, it is widely anticipated that most of the country will be under these orders in the days and weeks ahead. As you know, the President and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security have issued guidance on the responsibilities of those in a “critical infrastructure industry”, which includes the “production of food packaging” among the essential “critical infrastructure workforce” necessary to ensure community and national resilience in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. Indeed, it is the U.S. government’s policy that these industries, in which PPT participates, continue to function with minimal disruption in an emergency such as the COVID-19 pandemic, and that employees of these industries continue to perform their normal job functions.
Over the coming weeks, PPT is committed to:
- Keeping our Associates Safe: PPT is taking unprecedented steps to keep our associates safe and healthy while continuing to operate our business. Beyond following the recommended local and state recommendations, PPT has instituted a wide range of mitigation strategies to keep our associates healthy in the days and weeks ahead.
- Constant and Transparent Communication: In this quickly evolving situation, PPT is committed to providing constant and transparent communication in the event there are any challenges we face in operating our business. We have earned your trust and confidence over the years – we now stand ready to work closely with you so that we get through this together.
- Maintaining Redundant Operations in Kansas City and Columbus, OH. As you know, PPT operates dual manufacturing facilities to support our customer’s needs during these challenging times. Additionally, we are working closely with other strategic outsourcing partners, as necessary and approved, to supplement our existing manufacturing capacity, as needed.
- Leveraging Technology to Stay Connected with You: We are here and ready to help you! Over the last number of years, PPT has invested significantly in our technology infrastructure to create a “paperless” culture that has prepared us for this sort of scenario where most of our “non-manufacturing” associates are working from home. With our technology platform, we are prepared to support any and all questions, concerns, or inquiries.
- Our PPT family and yours have made it through challenging times before and will get through this together, by staying true to our values of service, quality, transparency, and integrity always. Thank you for your partnership and continued support as we navigate these challenges together, taking each day at a time. We are extremely appreciative of your business and we are hopeful that everyone on your team and ours remains healthy and safe.